Submission and Review Guidelines
The Paranormal Romance Guild (“
SUBMISSION OF REQUEST FOR REVIEW
1) All requests must be submitted, via electronic transmission (“e-mail”), by the Author or Publisher.
2) The Request for Review must contain the following information: the Title of the Book, Author’s name, Publisher’s name, genre, date of publication, story synopsis and Submitter’s contact information.
3) Submission requests are to be sent to the following e-mail address:
4) Confirmation of Request will be provided within 5 days of receipt of Submission Request. If a confirmation is not received within the requisite 5 days as provided, please resubmit the Request. Confirmation of Request is NOT an approval of the submission.
5) Formal Notice of Approval/Rejection of the Request for Review will be provided, within 72 hours of the Confirmation of Request, via e-mail
APPROVAL OF REQUEST FOR REVIEW
1) If the Request for Review is approved, additional information will be provided.
2) Additional information will include, but is not limited to, the following:
a. Submission and Review Rules will be attached to the Notice. The Submitter is required to respond, via e-mail, acknowledging and accepting the Submission and Review Rules. Please use the standard signature of “Acknowledged and Accepted”; and
b. Mailing information for the Submission.
3) Books approved for Review will need to be provided in e format or printed format. .
A self-addressed, stamped envelope MUST be provided in order to return any book or manuscript.
4) Upon confirmation of receipt of your title, please expect a 4-6 week review period. An additional complimentary e-mail will follow with an attachment of the Review and the expected publication date to the
· IN THE EVENT OF A BAD REVIEW:
· All Reviews performed by the
* Reviews performed by the
Once the Submission of Request for Review is approved, and the Rules “Acknowledged and Accepted”, a Reviewer will be assigned and a mailing address will be provided. The Paranormal Romance Guild provides high-standard, quality Reviews.
“Upon confirmation of receipt of your title, please expect a 4-6 week review period.”
The Review Guidelines are as follows:
Book Ratings are as follows:
M Mature Adult Content
Genres are as follows (including, but not limited to):
The Review will contain the following:
Section I Title of Book,-Author,-Publisher and-Date of Publication
Second II Story synopsis, Character synopsis and Plot flow.
Section IV Reviewer’s personal opinion of Book.
Most and least favorable characteristics of the book. This can include, but is not limited to, discussion on the following: Cover and Artwork; Grammatical spelling errors; Editing errors; and Tense structure.
Section V Reviewer Recommendation.
5 ***** Outstanding Book
4 **** Very Good Book
3 *** Good Book with some Issues
2 ** Poor Book with some redeeming Qualities
1 * Very Poor Book
The Reviewer retains the right to reduce the Star Rating due to negative characteristics found.
The Paranormal Romance Guild hopes this will be a great experience for all those involved!
The Paranormal Romance Guild Review Committee
Gloria Lakritz, Chairperson
Linda Tonis Charlayne Denney Tom Webb
Penelope Adams Brianna Lee Douglas Meeks
Natalie Nixon Gwen Daniels
Tasheka Gipson Lisa Lambson
All reviews posted on this site and written by our reviewers are personal opinions of the book by the reviewers.
The reviews are NOT paid endorsements of the book or the author. They are not advertisements.
All books will be returned to the Authors, upon their request, at the Authors' expense.
All reviews are honest, forthright and the opinion of the individual reviewer. By submitting works for review, you are acknowledging and accepting no guarantee of acceptance and no guarantee of a favorable review.
All submissions will be reviewed and rated using the same criteria.
You may request a copy of the review guidelines via e-mail at: PRG.BooksOnReview@gmail.com.
The Paranormal Romance Guild reserves the right to, at any time, make changes to the Submission and Review Guidelines.
Religious, lifestyle and/or political views found in books reviewed do not reflect the opinions of The Paranormal Romance Guild or its Members.
The Paranormal Romance Guild has chosen to review these books for the author and does not, in any way; attempt to influence readers in their choice of lifestyle or their beliefs.
The Paranormal Romance Guild retains the right to deny a Request for Review at any time, for any reason, as deemed necessary.
*Generally, PRG does not accept books which include explicit acts of rape, incest, child abuse and/or bestiality.
(Romance involving shape-shifters is permissible, as long as participants in explicit scenes remain in human form.)
We understand that some of the above acts may be consequential to a story, and as each instance is subjective, we do not wish to be restrictive, but prefer not to review stories with extreme objectionable content.
If you would like to submit a book for review that is questionable over one of these issues, please contact us and explain the circumstances - acceptance for review is at the discretion of the PRG Review Chairperson.
Guidelines for our Review Team
1.) Candidates interested in serving on the PRG Review Committee, must become a member of the PRG. No exceptions.
2.) Candidates interested in serving on the PRG Review Committee may be affiliated with other organizations so long as each review completed for the PRG states “Review completed by (name of Reviewer), PRG Reviewer, for The Paranormal Romance Guild. All rights reserved”.
3.) Reviewers may NOT be published Authors (with the exception of an occasional guest reviewer)