Home of the Paranormal Romance Guild Forums Writing Juggling Real Life with Writing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  J.P. Epperson 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

J.P. Epperson
    Participant

Something I have been struggling with is juggling a 50-60 hour-a-week job, husband, kids, sports, housework, and writing. I just had to move back the date for the upcoming release of my second book, Beautiful Betrayal. I am so disappointed. The fact is I probably could have rushed through and finished my manuscript on time to give it to my editor by my self-determined deadline. I didn’t want to rush it though. Writing has been a dream of mine since childhood. My goal is to improve with each book not to rush through just to meet deadlines.

So, who better to ask than this fantastic group of people on these beautiful new forums? If anyone reads this, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

– JP Epperson

Frederick Feeley
    Participant

I think we’ve all been there to some degree or another. Finding the time to sit down and shut the world away is always a challenge. But I think with each new work you create, you’ll find yourself honing your craft. I look forward to what you release 🙂 and let us know when that is.

It happens to all of us. Making and striving toward a goal is important, When we miss a goal, just learn form it and move on. Beating yourself up is counter productive. Work on your craft and next time things will be easier.

J.P. Epperson
    Participant

It is reassuring to hear that it happens most authors. I’ve been having a pity party. I was crushed and disappointed and it made me start doubting that I would ever be a successful writer. You’re right though–beating myself up about it isn’t doing anything for me. I need to work out my schedule and just write.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.