The Paranormal Romance Guild is having a Fall & Winter Holiday Work in Progress Contest!
Do you have a manuscript that you would love to receive feedback on from seasoned reviewers? Well this is YOUR opportunity to get a new set of eyes on the first 3 chapters or the first 30 pages of your Work in Progress!
The Paranormal Romance Guild’s (PRG) Work in Progress (WIP) Contest will open for entries on August 1, 2019. The last day to enter is August 31, 2019, by 11:59 PM.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- All entries will be judged by two seasoned reviewers.
- All entries will receive objective, constructive feedback.
THE WINNER RECEIVES:
- A beautiful badge for your website
- A FREE author interview on PRG website
- 1 Year of FREE membership in PRG (a $50 value)
- Contest opens for entries August 1, 2019.
- Contest closes for entries August 31, 2019
- The Winner will be announced on October 1, 2019.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRIES:
- Unpublished or published authors.
- Must be the author’s original, unpublished work.
- Must have a holiday theme: Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day…
- Must have a romance plot or subplot.
- All English-language entries welcome.
- The first 3 chapters or the first 30 pages of an unpublished manuscript of any genre.
- Contestants may submit as many entries as they like, but a separate entry and entry fee must be completed for each title entered.
- All entries are electronic. Files will be accepted in *.pdf format only.
Manuscripts must be in standard manuscript format:
- One-inch margins, with text aligned to the left margin.
- Times New Roman or Courier 12-point font.
- Paragraphs indented, with no extra space between paragraphs.
- Page numbers.
- Headers including manuscript title and Paypal transaction number.
- Author’s name and contact information must be on a cover sheet but not within the document.
Entries that do not meet these formatting requirements will be returned for corrections.
- $10 USD for Members
- $20 USD for Non-PRG Members
- Payment must be made before entering at this link: https://www.paranormalromanceguild.com/wip-contest19/
and the PayPal transaction number must be included with the submission on the cover page and in the header. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- You will be notified when your submission/payment is complete.
- Submit entries to: PRG.email@example.com
Sharon Buchbinder, President
Paranormal Romance Guild